Calvert Hospice began serving patients with serious, life-limiting illnesses in Calvert County in 1984. We provide expert medical care, pain and symptom management, and emotional and spiritual support. We personalize care to each individual patient and strive to ensure their wishes are followed. We provide support for our patients’ caregivers and loved ones, including bereavement aftercare.
Some of our milestones include:
- 1984: Calvert Hospice opens and serves 8 patients
- 1992: Certified by Medicare
- 2009: Burnett Calvert Hospice House opens
- 2012: Calvert Hospice holds its first We Honor Veterans Ceremony
- 2013: Received CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Partner)
- 2013: Staff began pursuing Hospice and Palliative Care certification
- 2015: Bereavement services touched over 1,000 lives. Volunteers gave over 1,100 hours of service.
- 2016: Calvert Hospice serves 380 patients (75 at the Burnett Calvert Hospice House)
- 2017: Calvert Hospice earns Level 4 recognition with We Honor Veterans Program