Join Calvert Hospice’s We Honor Veterans Program on October 5, 2019 at the Family Life Center at St. John Vianney Church in Prince Frederick for a Veterans Resource Fair. This event features local resources, organizations, and businesses that serve veterans, offer special programs for veterans, or want to hire veterans. If you are a military veteran, active duty military member, or someone who is retiring or transitioning out of military life soon, you don’t want to miss this fair!
In addition to the vendors and resources, we are also offering presentations from three organizations who directly serve veterans: WarFighter Advance, Warrior Canine Connection, and Dr. Peter Curran, Medical Director of Home Care for VA Home Based Primary Care. These presentations will take place between 10 am – 1 pm and will offer participants opportunities to ask questions, learn more about the programs, and learn what the organizations are able to do for veterans.
For questions about this event, please contact Amy Szatanek at email@example.com or Amanda Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 535-0892, ext. 4003.
The event features:
- Opening ceremony with remarks from George Owings, Secretary, Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs, Former State Senator Bernie Fowler, and others
- Educational presentations from 10 am – 1 pm (Social Work CEU credit is available for these sessions for a small fee)
- Vendors and resources who serve veterans, hire veterans, or offer special programs for veterans
- Food and drink for sale
- Live musical performance starting at 1 pm
- Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Ceremony at 2 pm featuring dignitaries, a special presentation for Vietnam veterans, and a salute ceremony for all veterans present
Sponsorships and vendor / resource tables are available for this event.
To sponsor, please contact Claire Piason at email@example.com. Sponsorships start at $250. Download the sponsorship form here: Sponsorship form
Do you own a business that hires veterans or offers special programs for veterans? Reserve your vendor table for $75! Download the vendor registration form here: Vendor Registration
Are you a nonprofit organization that offers services or programs to veterans? Download the resource registration form here: Resource Registration
For questions about vendor and resource tables, please contact Tanea Granlund at firstname.lastname@example.org.